The University of Michigan Medical School Office of Research is working to update the latest core profile information on the Michigan Research Cores Website. Based on feedback from fellow U-M faculty and researchers, we are requesting some additional input from cores to achieve the most accurate and user-friendly resource possible.
As part of the latest updates to the Michigan Research Cores website, we are specifically collecting:
- “Keywords” that can be applied to your core’s services and equipment. This will help improve upon the search functionality and will enhance search engine capabilities to guide users to your core profile page.
- More specific information about equipment type, vendors, and usage availability within your core. This will aid U-M faculty and researchers in more collaborative working opportunities, grant applications, etc.
How Can You Help?
If you or your team has a core profile created on the Michigan Research Cores website, please take a moment to review your information and submit any changes you have to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are new to a core facility and wish to be featured on the Michigan Research Cores website, please register your core today!
What is Michigan Research Cores?
The Michigan Research Cores website provides a university-wide directory of research core facilities and support services. What’s included on the website?
- A list of available equipment and services by core
- Highlights, various other resources, and core contact information
- The ability to find equipment and services by buildings or the units that house them
- A seamless connection with MiCORES, the online system used for resource scheduling and billing operations